Ascaso Steel UNO Coffee Machine Black / Dark Wood Handle with PID
- Ships Free!
The Ascaso Steel UNO Professional PID (a single group for coffee and steam) Espresso Machine outperforms other home equipment with its highly advanced PID temperature controller. A PID (short for Proportional, Integral, Derivative) is essentially a computerized, digital thermostat that uses a lot of math to accurately maintain the boiler temperature to your desired level. Simply use the up or down arrows and the digital display to select your desired temperature and the Ascaso Steel PID does the rest. Many espresso enthusiasts have taken to modifying their home and commercial espresso machines to install PID controllers, but this Ascaso Steel UNO comes with the unit pre-installed and tuned to this boiler size and heating element.
Ascaso engineers designed the Steel UNO Professional PID's boiler to supply ample amounts of hot water and steam for all your espresso and milk frothing needs. Not only does the 11 ounce capacity grant you considerable temperature stability, but the 1200 Watt heating element also gets the Steel up to temp more quickly than any other machine with such a large boiler. Ascaso also included a low water shut-off, a very life-saving device normally found only on heat exchanger espresso machines. In addition, the all-brass is situated directly above the brass brew group to minimize heat loss. It's just one of the many ways that Ascaso sets itself above the rest of the competition.
Just like a commercial espresso machine, the Ascaso Steel UNO Professional PID uses only heavy-duty chrome plated brass portafilter holders and spouts. Unlike many home espresso machines, however, the Steel UNO PID is equipped wtih true 58 mm filter baskets for not only conformity to the commercial standard, but also to make it easy to find a quality tamper that suits your taste. The same filter holder is used for both ground coffee and pods, and the Ascaso Steel UNO PID comes with 3 stainless steel filter baskets for different espresso preparations. Included are separate single shot and double shot 58 mm diameter filter baskets for ground coffee.
The Ascaso Steel UNO Professional PID is one of the few home espresso machines to be equipped with a 3-Way Solenoid Valve. This valve, a critical component on commercial espresso machines, is located on the group body. It not only directs the flow of water from the boiler to the brew group, but it also acts to relieve remaining pressure once the brew cycle is complete. This process stops the dripping after you are done brewing your espresso, and it also dries out the coffee puck so that it may be knocked out more easily.
- Dual-spout wood handle portafilter.
- Single and double pressurized filter baskets
- Double non-pressurized basket
- E.S.E Pod basket.
- tamper 58mm.
PID temperature programming allows user to change boiler temperature through the use of the digital display/control panel on the front panel of the machine. The display reads out the current temperature of the coffee boiler.
Brushed stainless steel finished body over a black enamel painted steel frame.
Water reservoir removable from the right SIDE of the machine
Brass boiler capacity: ~325cc.
- Brass boiler is located directly over the brass group head for superior temperature stability compared to boilers that are offset from the group head.
- Brass filter handle with plastic grip.
- Slide out drip tray made of plastic for easy cleaning (please note drip tray cover is part of machine). Front portion of pull out drip tray is in brushed stainless steel.
- Three selection switches: power on/off, espresso extracting, and coffee/steam mode.
- Vent in top rear of machine allow heat near water reservoir to escape.
- Blue lights indicate power and heating (lights from left to right).
- Three-way solenoid valve allows the immediate removal of the filter handle when the espresso extraction is completed. The three way valve also allows the user to back flush the group head.
- Swivel based steam wand allows easy rotation of steam wand over steaming pitcher (recommended 20 oz or less) on counter or placement over drip tray.
- Frothing aid attachment makes it easy to froth milk for cappuccinos. It is not recommended to remove this attachment to steam milk as the wand will be too short.
- Passive cup warmer on top with guardrail.
- Made in Spain
- 1 year warranty
- Measurements: 9.8" W x 14.2" H x 12.4" D.
- Water tank: 2 liters.
- Bodywork: Brushed Inox Steel.
- Recommended tamper size: 58mm.
- a single group for coffee and steam
- Weight: 26.5 lbs.
- Voltage: 120V.
- Power: 1000W.
- Pump Pressure: up to 16 bar (only 9 bar is needed to make espresso).
- PID boiler temperature control
- Steam pipe protector so one does not burn his/her fingers when touching the steam wand.
- Brass portafilter holder: 60mm.
- Coffee solenoid: no drip.
- Accessories Included: filter handle with dual spouts, single cup filter basket, double cup filter basket, plastic tamper (57mm), pod filter basket, instruction manual and quick start guide.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor limited to manufacturer's defect.
- Made in Spain
You May Also Like
SALEAscaso Steel UNO Coffee Machine WHITE / LIGHT WOOD with PID
Regular: $1,895.99 CADSHIPS FREE!
Profitec GO Blue Coffee Machine with PID
$1,479.99 CADSHIPS FREE!
SALEAscaso Dream One SWEET CREAM Coffee Machine V3
Regular: $1,299.99 CADSHIPS FREE!
Ascaso Steel DUO Black / Wood Coffee Machine with PID
$2,295.99 CADSHIPS FREE!