Rocket Giotto Chronometer Type V Machine with PID
- Ships Free!
Temperature control is optimized through a PID controller drawing on 4 different signal parameters to ensure stability and optimum results in the cup.
An adjustable temperature display allows the user to select individual brewing temperatures for different coffee types and roast styles.
The Giotto and Mozzafiato type V machines introduce users to the Rocket Espresso movement for better espresso in the home without compromise. - See more at: https://idrinkcoffee.com/products/rocket-giotto-type-v-w-pid#sthash.g7OOQwFS.dpuf
The Giotto Type V model is offered in two body styles, both with heat exchanger PID temperature control technology. Temperature control is optimized through a PID controller drawing on 4 different signal parameters to ensure stability and optimum results in the cup. An adjustable temperature display allows the user to select individual brewing temperatures for different coffee types and roast styles. The Giotto and Mozzafiato type V machines introduce users to the Rocket Espresso movement for better espresso in the home without compromise
- Built by Hand - The Giotto Type V is designed and built by hand in Milan, Italy.
- Steel Case - The Giotto's bold, angular case, removable cup rail, drip tray and feet are all a rust-resistant stainless steel.
- PID Controller - Placed behind the drip tray, this PID controller replaces the pressurestat of other machine and offers more stable temperatures in the steam boiler.
- Heat-exchange Boiler - A 1.8-liter steam boiler with a cold water tube running through it pulls water fresh from the reservoir. Steam pressure is calibrated at the factory to passively heat water to ideal brew temp.
- Solenoid Valve - As big a part of the E61 group as any, the exposed tube above the drip tray syphons off back pressure for cleaner pucks and easy backflushing.
- Ajustable feet
- Stainless steel Cup Frame included
- New large round knobs
- Type V, with PID and a vibration type pump, in pour-over version only
- All stainless steel body
- E61 commercial group head
- Digital shot timer allowing the user to better optimise extraction time
- Dual pre-infusion system: mechanical pre-infusion system with progressively working piston and static pre-infusion chamber. This reflects into smooth coffee extraction with optimum aroma, body and ''crema''.
- Superior layout of thermosyphon system resulting in optimum extraction with a 20% higher volume as with comparable machines on the market
- Boiler is made of pure copper (Cu. 99.9%) with two lead free, heavy brass end plates. These brass end plates combined with the special additional boiler insulation increase the thermal retention by up to 50% versus other boiler systems.
- One dedicated gauge for pump pressure and one for boiler pressure control
- Stainless steel steam wand with patented cool-touch technology: anti-burn (only the nozzle gets hot); easy cleaning as milk doesn't bake on wand; more efficient steam, as heat is not dissipated around the wand. Steam nozzle designed for easy milk foaming with fine texture.
- Microprocessor controlled automatic level control of boiler and fresh water reservoir, with low water level indication system
- Both versions use PID control for greater temperature stability drawing on 4 signal parameters to measure and control the temperature. A digital and adjustable temperature display allows adjustable brewing temperatures for different coffee types.
- Vibration type pump for Type V
- Pour-over for Type V
- Optimized boiler capacity to thermosyphon system ratio. Results in fast heat up time with 1200 watt element, made from special long life material (5 times longer than normal elements)
- Fully certified commercially rated safety valve
- Comes with stainless steel cup rail, 2 full size commercial porterfilters (a single and a double), a blind filter, a metal tamper and adjustable feet
- Measurements: 14" H x 13" W x 17" D
- Power: 1200 watts, 120 volts, 60 hertz, 15 amp.
- Weight: 46.3 pounds (21 kilograms).
- Water reservoir capacity: 2.9 liters.
- Boiler capacity: 1.8 liters.
- Water reservoir